by Gianluca Bellazzi
Let me take the opportunity of Gianfranco di Cento’s (FE) good review, since he’s owner of an artisan laboratory, on the advantages of using our goose fat in the preparation of the Sfogliata or Jewish cake.
The original recipe understandably involves the use of goose fat instead of pork fat and Gianfranco has re-proposed the original recipe with great success.
His thoughts express all his enthusiasm about the processing of the dough and in the final result.
Here are the highlights of Gianfranco’s review.
• "I was amazed by the excellent quality of this product". This is because only the white intestinal fat of lean geese that are not force fed is used. That fresh fat is hand-picked and cooked at low temperature for a short time.
• "It has much more yield in processing (compared to pork fat)". Because of its richness in oleic acid it is very spreadable even in uniform and very thin layers.
• "It has a delicate perfume and taste". Ever since ancient Egyptian times, it has been used thanks to these unique qualities.
• "It makes the dough much more digestible without giving up the flavour of animal fat". Because goose fat is rich in oleic acid, a characteristic fat of an EVO, and it has all the sweetness of an animal fat.
• "The product is smooth". It has a soft consistency and is very suitable for spreading easily and without inconveniences.
Leave a Reply.
Gianluca Bellazzi and Marco
All Cooke Goose Ham Goose Ham Goose Pate Goose Salami Pizza